Juventus are reportedly eyeing a move for Manchester United’s Paul Pogba amid interest from Paris Saint-Germain.
Juventus are eyeing Manchester United’s Paul Pogba amid PSG interest.
The summer transfer season is open now that Euro 2020 and the Copa America are finished, giving Europe’s top clubs the opportunity to make an impact in the market. Check out the newest rumors below, then go here to view all of the official agreements.
TOP STORY: Juventus joins PSG’s chase of Paul Pogba
Despite recent speculations connecting Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba to Paris Saint-Germain, Juventus are hoping to lure him back to Turin, according to Calciomercato.
The two teams at the front of the line for the midfielder are said to be Juventus and PSG, but the source claims that the Frenchman would examine all possibilities for his future. By the end of the week, a decision should be reached.
Pogba left Juventus for Manchester United in 2016 for £89.3 million, but the 28-year-old has been a target for Juventus for some time. With the arrival of winger Jadon Sancho from Dortmund and a deal for Real Madrid defender Raphael Varane reportedly nearing completion, United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer could demand a significant fee from any clubs interested in luring Pogba away, despite the fact that his contract expires in 2022.
The France international has made 137 Premier League games for Manchester United, scoring 28 goals and assisting 29 times.
– Watch ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (available in the United States only) – Don’t have ESPN? Get immediate access
11.27 BST: According to ESPN’s Rob Dawson, Manchester United is hopeful Marcus Rashford will recover from shoulder surgery in time to play in a critical run of games for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s team towards the end of October.
Rashford will have surgery on his left shoulder, which has been bothering him since November. The 23-year-old may be sidelined for up to 12 weeks, but there is a chance he could be well enough to participate in a crucial run of games beginning in mid-October against Leicester.
This week, United are anticipated to make an official announcement on the signing of winger Jadon Sancho.
On Tuesday, the 21-year-old had a physical, and his €85 million transfer from Borussia Dortmund was finalized.
Following his experience with England at the European Championship, Sancho has been given a three-week break and is not scheduled to return to Carrington until August. He may play in United’s last preseason match against Everton on August 7 at Old Trafford, before the Premier League season begins on August 14.
11.02 BST: According to Bild, Chelsea has made a €100 million bid for Juventus winger Federico Chiesa.
Chiesa, 23, was one of the heroes of Euro 2020 for Italy, and his outstanding performances have boosted his reputation throughout Europe.
However, since Chiesa is on a two-year loan from Fiorentina, Juventus is obligated to buy him permanently for €40 million plus €10 million in add-ons in 2022.
As a result, it’s anyone’s guess who Chelsea approached with their offer.
PSG goalkeeper Keylor Navas is expected to remain at the club when Italy’s No. 1 Gianluigi Donnarumma arrives as a free agency, according to ESPN sources.
Donnarumma, a 22-year-old Italy international, will join after declining a new contract with AC Milan, where he made 251 senior appearances.
PSG had no intention of signing a goalkeeper this summer, preferring to retain Navas, but the chance to acquire Donnarumma on a free agency contract was too good to pass up. Navas, on the other hand, is anticipated to open the season as the starting goalkeeper.
Shaka Hislop discusses the dilemma PSG may face if both Gianluigi Donnarumma and Keylor Navas are included in the team.
Carlos Bacca, a Colombian striker, has become Granada’s first summer acquisition, the La Liga club announced at 09.32 BST.
Bacca, 34, will take over for Spanish striker Roberto Soldado, who just joined Levante from Granada.
Before departing Villarreal earlier this summer, he scored 43 goals in four seasons with the Europa League holders. The veteran has agreed to a one-year contract with the Andalusian club, with the option of a second year.
On Wednesday, Granada is set to confirm the signing of Spanish midfielder Ramon ‘Monchu’ Rodriguez from Barcelona.
Monchu, a 21-year-old Barcelona loanee, spent the season at Girona on loan. The former Barcelona B captain is poised to join Granada on a three-year deal.
09.03 BST: According to El Partidazo de COPE, Valencia will make a bid for Sevilla midfielder Bryan Gil if Goncalo Guedes leaves the club this summer.
Guedes has a contract with Valencia until June 2023, although it is generally anticipated that the Portugal winger would depart.
Gil, 20, has piqued the interest of a number of teams after scoring four goals and assisting three more in 29 league games for Eibar last season while on loan from Sevilla. Sevilla has him under contract until June 2023.
Valencia will give Sevilla the opportunity to sign Gil on a season-long loan with the option of making the move permanent. Gil was one of the 22 players selected by Spain coach Luis de la Fuente for the 2021 Olympics.
08.49 BST: According to Cadena Ser radio, Real Madrid has begun negotiations with Manchester United over Raphael Varane’s transfer to Old Trafford.
The France centre-back has been with Los Blancos for a decade and has a contract until June 2022, but he is looking for a fresh challenge.
Varane, 27, has yet to sign a new deal with Real Madrid and is considering a transfer to the Premier League. Manchester United has been keeping an eye on him, while Real Madrid is hoping to obtain €60 million in this transfer window to prevent him from becoming a free agent next year.
08.30 BST: Ethan Horvath, a goalkeeper from the United States, has signed with Nottingham Forest in the Championship, the English club said on Tuesday.
Horvath joins Forest as a free agent after spending the previous two seasons with Belgian club Club Brugge, where he made 64 appearances in all competitions. He also spent time at Molde in Norway, where he was on the books from 2013 until 2016.
Forest has signed the 26-year-old to a three-year contract.
Gab and Juls discuss why there’s virtually no way a team can take Antoine Griezmann away from Barcelona.
GOSSIP ON PAPER (by Adam Brown)
– Arsenal has made contact with the agency of Wolves midfielder Ruben Neves to discuss a possible summer transfer. According to The Sun, Gunners technical director Edu and Jorge Mendes are in regular contact, with a price of approximately £35 million proving to be a stumbling block in the talks. Last season, the 24-year-old was a vital role in Wolves’ midfield, scoring five goals in 36 appearances.
– According to Eurosport, Crystal Palace boss Patrick Vieira is keeping an eye on Manchester City’s Claudio Gomes in the transfer market. The 20-year-old is a defensive midfielder who has played for France at various levels. According to reports, Pep Guardiola’s side would be willing to allow the youngster move on loan after seeing him play for PSV’s reserves during the 2019-20 season.
– Yannick Bolasie is attracting interest, with two Turkish teams interested in signing the winger. Fabrizio Romano claims that Adana Demirspor and Rizespor are interested in signing the 32-year-old, who is now a free agent after spells with Crystal Palace and Everton. With a number of teams already making bids, the winger is said to be prioritizing a transfer to one of Europe’s top divisions.
– Recent comments from Mikel Arteta indicated that despite interest from Newcastle United and Aston Villa, both Joe Willock and Emile Smith Rowe may be poised to remain at Arsenal this season. After Tuesday’s 2-1 friendly defeat to Hibernian, Arteta was asked about Smith Rowe’s future at the club “Yes, without a doubt. a hundred percent “”Recent.” Willock was also “part of the plans” for next season, according to the Gunners’ boss. While on loan at Newcastle, the 21-year-old ended the Premier League season with a goal in seven straight games.
- paul pogba net worth
- manchester united transfer