The transfer saga of the summer has taken another twist. PSG’s plan to sign Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi has been put on hold until they can get their hands on Kylian Mbappe, who is also reportedly wanted by Real Madrid.
The mbappe transfer is a plan that PSG’s Ronaldo and Messi had for the summer. Their plan was to convince Mbappe to join them from Real Madrid, but it has been put on hold until the end of the transfer window.
For the main European leagues, the summer transfer window is entering its last month, which means the top teams are trying to make a statement in the market before the new season starts. Check out the newest rumors below, then go here to view all of the official agreements.
PSG’s Ronaldo-Messi saga will have to wait
While PSG currently has a powerful offensive three in Neymar, Kylian Mbappe, and Lionel Messi, a rumor from Calciomercato claims that the club is targeting Juventus star Cristiano Ronaldo to ultimately replace Mbappe.
Mbappe, who is 22 years old, has been linked with a move to Real Madrid, but PSG has no intentions to sell him this summer. His contract, though, only extends until next season, and he may be released.
While he won’t be available this summer, PSG view Ronaldo as the guy who can step in and fill the gap left by the Frenchman, particularly because his own contract expires in the summer of 2022.
If Ronaldo joins PSG, it may open the door for Mauro Icardi to join Juventus and team up with Argentina’s Paulo Dybala.
The Parisians have already signed Gianluigi Donnarumma, Achraf Hakimi, Georginio Wijnaldum, and Sergio Ramos this summer, in addition to Messi. Despite the fact that this has been a fantastic transfer season, Nasser Al-Khelaifi and the Parc des Princes management seem to still be dreaming of fresh names they may bring in the future.
– Watch ESPN FC every day on ESPN+ (U.S. only) – LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, and more on ESPN+
What does Cristiano Ronaldo’s future hold? Getty Images/Sportinfoto/DeFodi Images
GOSSIP ON PAPER
– According to Fabrizio Romano, Nahitan Nandez of Cagliari is one of the midfielders Tottenham Hotspur is interested in signing. There are other possibilities, and although no formal bids have been submitted yet, first contact has been made. Despite the fact that Cristian Romero has already moved to North London, Spurs sports director Fabio Paratici is eager to bring in a centre-back.
– Napoli are looking to strengthen their defense, according to Calciomercato, and have made contact with Villarreal about a transfer for left-back Pervis Estupinan. According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, the Serie A club isn’t done yet, as they’re also interested in Juan Jesus, who is now a free agent after leaving AS Roma.
– According to Kicker, Union Berlin midfielder Robert Andrich has agreed to join Bayer Leverkusen. The 26-year-current old’s contract expires in June 2022, so if the two clubs cannot agree on a deal, he will join them for free next summer. They are, however, trying to make the transition this summer.
– Following the signing of Jadon Sancho from Borussia Dortmund, Manchester United’s Amad Diallo is expected to struggle for playing time. Sheffield United are reportedly giving the 19-year-old an opportunity to play minutes as they seek a loan transfer, according to TalkSPORT.
– Lazio have been unable to finalize any additions this summer, with several players practicing with the club despite not having a contract. According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, this may force them to sell Joaquin Correa to make room for new recruits.
- kylian mbappe
- messi transfer
- psg mbappe